***Unfortunately, due to the financial impact that COVID-19 is having on our economy, we are suspending all further grant requests for 2020. A review of submitted applications for our 1st Grant Cycle will be postponed and reviewed again in our 4th quarter.***
What The Walter S. and Lucienne B. Driskill Foundation Funds
Driskill Foundation funds programs that create a positive, measurable impact for K-12 students and supports learners to recognize their innate curiosity. Our grantmaking is geographically focused in Chicago and Dupage County metro areas.
Curiosity: Through literary research, discussions with community experts and learners, curiosity was revealed to play a significant role in motivation, personal development, and long-term health.
Creativity: Creating a healthy culture and environment by helping students develop the skills to manage their emotions, resolve conflicts, and make responsible decisions.
Diversity: Programs that support diversity by providing opportunities for educational achievement and different thought regardless of racial and ethnic background, gender or economic status.
STEAM Education: The Driskill Foundation believes education is vital to social and economic development because it can provide our youth with knowledge and skills they need to achieve employment and economic security in our rapidly changing, global economy.
What organizations or programs are generally not eligible?
Organizations and program must be consistent with WSLBDF's mission. click here
WSLBDF grants are not intended for:
- Individuals, for-profit organizations, or tax-generating entities (municipalities, school districts, etc.)
- Religious groups for religious purposes
- Programs that exclude participation on the basis of race or religion
- Grant requests for production of audio, film or video
- Grant request for capital campaigns or projects
- Applications to support travel
- Lobbying, political or fraternal activities
- Organizations not exempt under Section 501(c)(3) of the IRS code or unaccredited public/private schools
- Funding for academic or scientific research
- Programs outside of Chicago or DuPage County